time travel

14.2.11

I have been eating my veggies so much lately I must say. The other day my mom made this dish, she takes fish and an assortment of vegetables, seasons them and packs them in foil into the oven. She has been including me lately; she makes it a point to make, when she can, a meatless portion for me.♥ So I had these vegetables that were the softest thing I ever ate. I had them with my sister, we watched iCarly.
I put the dvr to use and recorded some movies, and every episode of Taboo and Independent Lens to come on in the foreseeable future;). I watched Julie and Julia again, there is this scene where everybody is sitting at the table eating lobster and braised cucumbers and Julie says "braised cucumbers are a revelation..I am obsessed". We had a lot of cucumbers in the house that day, so I looked around online to see what people had to say, everything was along the lines of 'heaven on a plate...'
....so I improvised with ingredients at hand. They ARE a revelation, even my younger sister ate with me, and she dislikes all my "crazy vegan(even though they may not be vegan) dishes" because she loves meat. haha. They were so delicious and sweet with honey and at the same time refreshing with lemon, fantastic!
Last night there was a marathon of 'Hard Time' on the national geographic channel, I was sitting with a glass of water and every kind of junk food imaginable, perhaps I canceled out any nutrient I had gotten previously this week? This show was just rekindling my love for gangster as fuck men with crazy face tattoos, haha! Good thing 'Prison Women' came on afterwards and brought my man hating tendencies out again,
haha im just kidding. TV off;).